Absolutely Stunning!

Discussion in 'Pet Stop' started by Milamber, Jun 2, 2011.

  1. Milamber

    Milamber

    Joined:
    May 30, 2011
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I was just in Pet Stop (Rietfontein) after my exams to see what they have to offer and my honest opinion; I don't think I'll ever go to another pet shop. They have completely ruined other pet shops for me!

    - The fish are in amazing condition, I was SO amazed to see a shops fish that well taken care of (you would never have guessed they started from scratch mere weeks ago).
    - The staff are so helpful, they don't storm you when you walk in demanding to help you, but they do come and ask if you are okay and leave you be should you seem to want to be left to your own devices of the admiring of their amazing livestock.
    -They are well clued up on their products and stock a huge array of well displayed products
    - They have rare fish and most amazingly VERY WELL priced (I was informed they currently have a reopening special going! SO get there as soon as you possibly can!)
    - I was impressed by a very helpful Didi who chatted at length to me about random stuff with regards to their products.
    - They know what they are talking about and even go out of their way to get more information; they call upon fellow staff members to make sure and to provide additional information.
    - They seem to shine with pride and enthusiasm when talking about their fish and products and to be honest they have very good reason to be proud.
    - They won't sell stock to you that they deem are currently unfit to leave the store, they advise you why and what measures are currently in place to remedy the situation.
    - Best of all they are so close to where I live!

    I am really impressed by your service and you made me feel like you've known me for ages (It was the first time ever I was in that shop). I doubt I'll support another shop. I usher each and every one to visit the shop if you are in Gauteng or Pretoria for some reason. I am truly amazed.

    Thank you Pet Stop!

    Michael (Milamber)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  2. Guest




  3. Rickus

    Rickus

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Bethlehem
    I wish we could have a LFS like that. think I must make a trip to PTA...
     
  4. Jimmy

    Jimmy Son of Poseidon

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2011
    Messages:
    361
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    They should start thinking about a franchise...
     
  5. Rickus

    Rickus

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Bethlehem
    I will start the Freestate Bethlehem Branch.
     
  6. Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    Hi Michael (Milamber)

    Thank you!!!

    This just proof that the years of planing, training and searching for the correct staff (more knowledgeable than me :) ) are paying dividends.

    Rickus - Franchising is in the pipeline with 2 other possible businesses, lets see what pans out and do materialise first. The Franchise owners manual/disclosure document is 80% done, but so is the other business plans.:wondering:
     
  7. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    I had the same experience their and this was way before the shop even
    burned down.

    Mmm franchise :) might want to have a look at that as long as I don't
    have to do it in gauteng :)
     
  8. Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    The pilot shop must be in Pta. to ensure that the normal hick-ups when starting up is dealt with immediately and effectively, but there after nation wide.
     
  9. Nirv

    Nirv Trachelyopterus

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Cape Town southern suburbs
    All I can say is I eagerly await the day you guys come to the Western Cape :D
     
  10. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Forget the Cape.... you guys have more than enough members to sell amongst yourselves, and more than enough pet stores.

    Come to JHB!!!!
     
  11. OP
    Milamber

    Milamber

    Joined:
    May 30, 2011
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I'm all for them opening shops up everywhere. Really such a good idea so people can see what a GREAT pet-shop looks like. As long as they don't move an inch away from Pretoria; I'm happy. :D
     
  12. Nirv

    Nirv Trachelyopterus

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Cape Town southern suburbs
    MOAR FISH FOR US :D

    But seriously, some more competition would do no harm.
     
  13. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    @Moolis just so on a sideline since you are getting so much exposure(for witch you pay) here on the forum how about directing some interest towards the forum?
    You can call us your around the clock fishy experts :)
    Lets face it very very few people end up with only one tank after they join this forum. Before we can even teach them something they usually have MTS and for that they can go back to you again :)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    i second that emotion and i have'nt even seen it yet so it must be good :)
     
  15. Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    I believe knowledge is power so any good source of info if good for me, THUS TASA do get my vote for customers :)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. Trevor Pleco

    Trevor Pleco

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Messages:
    470
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Klein Constantia, Cape
    The true test will come if they keep these standards for the years to come, have seen this scenario before..
     
  17. Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    Hi Trevor

    We have been open since 2003 in the same premises. Had a fire that destroyed everything and had to re-do the shop. Now we are open again in the same shop with the same staff PLUS 1 (Shawn) and therefore we are sure that we will be here for many moons to go. We are not a flash in the pan....

    Just read some of my posts just before the fire, ESPECIALLY the once posted on 14-01-2011 and you will understand. This shop was built up on HIGH standards we are just building further on that strong base.
     
    Gert Combrink likes this.
  18. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Was there this morning for the first time too. Had a good chat with @azurekoi about random stuff :) Will certainly be back. Now to find thousands of new customers so I can win that Marine aquarium :)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  19. Elkimo

    Elkimo

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Louis Trichardt, Limpopo Province
    Yes they are welcome to open some shops in the Limpopo Province, example in Polokwane as well. The fish enthusiasts around here are hungry for lfs's like those.
     
  20. Trevor Pleco

    Trevor Pleco

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Messages:
    470
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Klein Constantia, Cape
    Cool, then you have my congrats Moolis and may long it continue, as you must be pretty unique! Over the years down here I have seen the odd LFS spring up and then spring down, if you know what I mean.

    Close freinds of mine had a massive fire that also destroyed their store, in the end it proved a great belessing and the shop was completly rebuilt with great improvements and they have never looked back.

    Good luck with it all.
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  21. 10i

    10i catfish-a-holic

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    329
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    East London
    it would be a long trip for me, but sounds like it would be worth it. best of luck to you! if everyone only supported the good pet shops, the others would have to go into a different line of work.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Absolutely Stunning Forum Date
32 Maxspect Mazarra-P - absolutely stunning! EcoWorx Africa May 1, 2013
FB: Absolutely the most beautiful coral shipment just arrived! Jungle Aquatics Aug 29, 2014
Polkadot has 3 stunning babies and then... things go pearshapped but..thank God with a happy ending Oddball fish Jan 22, 2020
Stunning Cuckoo catfish @ Pet Stop SA Pet Stop Jun 2, 2017
Stunning Betta's General Discussions Apr 10, 2015
FB: Stunning Underwater Scenes Jungle Aquatics Oct 7, 2014
Beautiful pics I found on internet - really stunning photography General Discussions Jun 16, 2014

Share This Page