3 paralitapia polleni small spot. need help/new homes!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nodac, Aug 29, 2012.

  1. nodac

    nodac

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    cape town
    Hello guys. I made the mistake of trusting a fish shop on advice and I bought 6 polleni. They were fine for a few months and now at about 10cm will not stop fighting. I have moved the 3 to my smaller tank and put dividers in. But every morning I wake up they have jumped the barrier and just fight.I'm wanting to keep a male anf female long term and sell the remaining on to somebody. I can't yet post in live stock classifieds as per the rules. Need atleast a 1.2m tank to house this fish thanks
     
  2. Guest




  3. slogz

    slogz

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2011
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    hows the polleni
     
  4. OP
    nodac

    nodac

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    cape town
    I've got two left tried to breed the other two pairs and they ended up ripping each other apart. My last pair I'm taking my time with and trying to get them to breed without killing each other. When I put them together they always lay eggs and eat them and then start fighting
     
  5. slogz

    slogz

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2011
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    yeah, i heard that seperating them is almost essential unless the tank is big enough with sufficient hiding place, i am searching for a female for my male, they are amazing fish, i bought him on a whim at Sams last year, i reckon you got yours there too? As i never seen them anywhere else since.
     
  6. OP
    nodac

    nodac

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    cape town
    I bought all of them from there except for that one I left, haha sorry. And out of the 6 I bought I got 3 pairs
     
  7. slogz

    slogz

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2011
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    haha, so we got from the same batch, how big is yours now? Mine growing slowly but picked up last few months, its now 13cm, vs about 5cm when i got it. Roughly just over a cm per month growth
     
  8. OP
    nodac

    nodac

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    cape town




    My male is about 17-20cm female 15cm
     
  9. slogz

    slogz

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2011
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    thats huge!! What are you doing to get that type of growth? what you feeding, how big tank , how many water changes etc...i got to get me some of that growth.
     
  10. OP
    nodac

    nodac

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2012
    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    cape town
    I feed bloodworm and been feeding them tetras that I don't want. Its a 500litre odd tank. 1.5mx60x75. I only change water once every two weeks. They get a cube of bloodworm 1 day and tetra prima. The next day they get a tetra and some tetra prima. Usually do a feeding in the morning and evening
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - paralitapia polleni small Forum Date
Paratilapia Polleni without spots General Discussions Dec 19, 2023
Wanted: Starry cichlid (Paratilapia polleni) Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 19, 2018
Paratilapia polleni Cichlids Feb 22, 2018
Wanted: Polleni Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 27, 2013
Are these Paratilapia polleni ? Other Oct 1, 2013
Paratiliapia Polleni available next week in Cape Town . Cichlids Jul 31, 2013
Paratilapia polleni Cichlids Feb 19, 2013

Share This Page